By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
Proverbs 24:3-4

4.08.2010

April: No fooling Around

Part of me is saying, "You really don't have time for this." The other part says, "You need a quick break. Writing is good." Both are true but ultimately I do need a little time out from packing. Here's a quick update from the past 2 weeks. 


After celebrating Emerson's birthday we showered a couple in our small group with baby gifts and enjoyed a beautiful CA Saturday (3/27). On the 28th I made dinner for my patrons' family dinner celebration- a 6.5 hour feat of cooking chaos. The menu included green salad, caprese salad, stuffed mushrooms, cheese & basil calzones, lasagna, spaghetti & meatballs and grilled chicken with asparagus (small side for non-carb eaters). It was amazing- not the food; I didn't get to taste everything- but the feeling of accomplishment. After drop-off, Chris promptly chauffeured us to the nearest margarita-serving restaurant. :) That night we welcomed my aunt, cousins & sister into the Hoover B&B for their Disneyland stay. 


March 31st-April 4th we were again delighted with guests. Rick, Nancy & Brittany came to share Easter & Spring Break with us! On Saturday we all boarded a barf boat to Catalina Island and enjoyed a beautiful island day. Highlights: fish tacos, huge ice cream-stuffed-waffle cones, peaceful walking & sightseeing and glorious (but too pricey) hand lotion in one of the shops. Lowlight: barf boat. We celebrated Easter at Angel Stadium. It also happened to be Saddleback Church's 30th anniversary. Another beautiful day. (Side note-to-self: get to more baseball games this season!)


Since all of the above we've been packing, updating utility accounts and magazine subscriptions, and getting pumped for the big move on Saturday. Well, truth be told I think we're more physically exhausted with each passing day but I'm sure adrenaline will kick in soon. Chris has been grueling away at a huge work project- no rest for the B&B hosts or movers! We're excited about our new place but also a little sad to leave our current abode. I think we just have to keep our eye on the prize of homeownership (hopefully in the next couple years) and press forward! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment