On Sunday, April 25 we were thrilled to get together with our friends, Vince & Alissa, who drove all the way from Vegas for the Angels vs. Yankees game! We had full sun, a packed stadium and a crowd-pleasing Grand Slam from the Angels. I have to admit that I always feel guilty for dawning the Angel red when really, my heart is Dodger blue. To make amends, I sang, "It's root, root, root for the Dodgers" during "Take me out to the Ball game."
We were thrilled to learn that bringing your own food into Angel stadium is allowed! In celebration of not having to spend $40 for peanuts & 2 hot dogs, I packed a home run picnic lunch. Here's what we ate: Turkey club sandwiches with pesto on rustic panini rolls, boulder chips, peanuts and chocolate truffle brownies. We've been eating this sandwich almost weekly ever since. You should give it a try: sliced turkey, thick bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado. Use pesto instead of mayo/mustard...or mix pesto with a bit of mayo. YUM.
After a fun day of baseball, I put myself to bed at 9:00pm in anticipation of work the next day! After almost completing my 3rd week back in the office, I have to say that things are going really well and I'm feeling very fulfilled in this position...but still putting myself to bed around 9:30 most nights. (adjustment) Chris has been working long hours, some weekend hours and also studying for another licensing exam in a week. Emerson thinks it's really fun that we each come home on our lunch breaks to play and give him the last bite of crust from our bread. I did, however, catch him giving me the stink-eye a few times as I left him to return to work. We've both gotten used to the idea and we try to make the most of the time we do have together (yes, I'm talking about me & the dog).
On the weekends we've been transforming our patio into an outdoor living space and scrambling to do those pesky chores that now go undone during the week. With ample room and sunshine, we're looking forward to summer tomatoes, rosemary, chives, cilantro, basil, green beans and mixed flowers. As we water the plants, Emerson makes a mission of sneaking up on the water and chomping it down before it can get away. I know it looks like we're shooting him with the hose but in fact, he's just barged his way between the spray and the pot. The result is always the same: a drenched and exhausted, yet well hydrated dog.
I'm excited for the onset of summer! The nights are feeling a bit warmer and the smell of star jasmine lingers in the heat. Things we're looking forward to: family visiting this weekend and camping in Big Sur over Memorial Weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment