![]() |
| photo: Real Simple Magazine |
Friday, 6/18- begin Chiropractic adjustments for me
Saturday, 6/19- cousin's high school graduation party!
Sunday, 6/20- Father's day BBQ
Saturday, 6/26- Chris: watch world cup, Me: laundry, nap, walk Emer, take-out for dinner.
"Calm Down, Hoovers!" I know, I know...
July: Spent the 4th of July weekend in San Luis Obispo & had an early birthday celebration for my grandma.
Met up with Mom & Family at Downtown Disney for Devin's birthday dinner on 7/9.
On 7/14 I wasted time & $20 on a follow-up visit with our infertility doctor. Apparently there's no medical reason that we cannot have children but if we want medical assistance, we'd become cash-paying patients at yet another Specialist's office. We spent some time in a bit of a mental/emotional fog.
Finally got quality pool time during the weekend of 7/16!!!
Saturday, 7/24- went to the Orange County Fair!!! Saw cows, chickens, sheep...almost put a sad little runt piglet in my purse...chowed down on Deep Fried Chocolate Covered Bacon, Fried Zucchini, Western Sausage with grilled bell peppers & onions, Ice cream (don't judge us). Watched our friend's U2 tribute band perform.
We finished out the month by hosting my dad & family for the weekend of 7/30. Had a blast at Boomers (mini golf, go-karts, batting cages, laser tag) then rooted on the Angels in an evening baseball game.
August: work work work until our one week vacation in Colorado!!!!! I spent the first portion of the week dedicated to bridesmaid duties for one of my closest friends from high school.
Then we divided our time among family dinners & corn hole tournaments and catching up with friends & our favorite coffee shop. *Noteworthy: on Saturday, 8/21 we went to the movie theater for the first time in 2010!! Thoroughly enjoyed "Inception."
Friday, 8/27 marked my last day of work at Lindamood-Bell, as the friend I was filling in for did in fact return from maternity leave. Admittedly, I spent my first week of unemployment marinating in emotions but I soon found inspiration to at least rearrange and redecorate the apartment. Every day since then has only seen increases in energy, creativity, satisfaction and peace.
We ended the summer with Chris's 29th Birthday Weekend Spectacular! The 2 of us embarked on our longest day hike together and southern California's 2nd tallest peak: Mt. San Jacinto in Palm Springs. In the parking lot, the oustide temperature was a suffocating 110. To reach the trail head, hikers board an aerial tram to be transported 2 miles & 8500 feet up the mountain (and to also ditch 40 degrees of heat). Once we exited the tram, we bravely hit the trail to conquer the almost-6 mile trek to the peak (round trip: scant 12 miles). In the end, we hiked a total of 4.5 hours but spent about 30 minutes on the peak for lunch. Not too bad for a 29 year old and his younger wife! haha.
Birthday Weekend continued at my parent's house where Chris was spoiled with an array of his favorite foods and ample pool time. Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband who has grown more in love this year than most people do in many years! And Happy End-of-Summer to you all.......let Fall recipes begin!




Yay for fall recipes, energy, creativity, satisfaction and peace! I love reading your blog! You have a great flow to your writing. I didn't read the Big Sur post 15 times but I will admit to 3!
ReplyDelete