By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
Proverbs 24:3-4

1.24.2013

Life in Winter

This week He gifted me with rest. 

After years and months, endless days and ticking seconds; after sleepless nights and days drenched in sweat and tears He has said, "Enough!" and there is quiet. It is not the calm before a storm, it's the serenity of beautiful showering. 

As I woke to rain falling on bare trees I was reminded of His promises*:

"I will give you rain in its season, the land shall yield its produce, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit." 


"I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none will make [you] afraid; I will rid the land of evil beasts, and the sword will not go through your land."


 "I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you."  

He is good and I will rest. He is God; I am humbled by his power and love. He is faithful and gives me eyes to see; I honor him by remembering. 

Winter can be cold--it cracks your skin and chills your bones. Seemingly all of life is still and stagnant. Yet before us lie all things new: a new year, a new cycle of seasons, fresh life, abundant potential, supple new skin cells and strength for our bones. Winter makes us rest and receive His gracious showers of purpose. 

Will you rest and receive? 



The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17




*Leviticus 26: 4, 6, 9

2 comments:

  1. Just reading your words makes me slow down, breath and rest. Thank you! Magda

    ReplyDelete