{Unless your neighborhood park is comprised of dim and lonely narrow roads, sparsely vegetated and frequented by hecklers.}
Laying down precious dreams and believing that they will return to me more perfectly shaped, timed, and purposed than I ever could have planned is no small gesture. Surrender requires courage and willingness to enter into the Unknown. Trust requires complete fixation on Truth, Love, and Hope. Perseverance is not a straight-road jog as much as it is a sweaty run through a muddy, snake-infested obstacle course.
To others this dreaming & believing can seem ridiculous. Irrational, illogical, lazy, idealistic, uncomfortable and inconvenient for them as Community. Why would you keep believing for something you're not seeing? When will you face the facts? They miss the {vast} forest for the trees.
I can't explain why. I can't begin to fathom how. I certainly can't predict when.
I just know Who, and I know He is able.
Things don't always turn out the way I'd originally dreamed, and letting go is constant loss. But maybe some dreams were meant all along to be much bigger than I knew; a beautiful opportunity for Him to become greater and me to become less.
This is where heaven and earth collide:
I lift my hands, I give my life.
This is how my weary heart stays alive.
The Redeemer, song by Sanctus Real (below)
I still dream because I still believe.
I believe God is who he says he is.
I believe He is able to do immeasurably more than I can imagine.
I believe He is faithful.
Be encouraged, weary and faithful ones. He sees you, He sees me. Our dreams, our lives are in His hands and we will not be disappointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment