By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
Proverbs 24:3-4

2.16.2010

Vancouver 2010

The winter Olympics are here! Chris has been anticipating these 2 weeks since the first Olympics commercial made an appearance on our TV screen. It is no exaggeration that with every subsequent commercial, I heard, "I want to go to the Olympics!" or, "I want to go to Vancouver!"Sadly, they were all out of tickets and hey! we were all out of Olympic cash to go participate, but we did have a great opening ceremony night from the comfort of our home. 


I googled "popular Vancouver foods" and learned that fish, but especially fish & chips tops the list. Feeling inspired & excited to bring Vancouver to us, I made sugar cookies topped with buttercream frosting and red/white/blue sprinkles. Go team USA! For dinner I made fish & chips (the "chips" were delicious frozen garlic fries from Trader Joe's). Go host Canada! To drink, I found a festive "winterfest" brew and Spanish white wine. Go team Spain in the middle of winter! To top it off, I had Emerson dressed in his snow jacket when Chris got home from work. Poor dog. 


The cookies will be finished off tonight but the games will continue to air in our house all night, every night that events are recorded. Chris is waiting for more luge & bobsled action (safe action, we hope). I, of course, enjoy figure skating, but largely for the outfits and music these days. Just can't seem to get as attached as the old days of Kerrigan, Harding & Yamaguchi- maybe that's because we're still in pairs skating. I think Emerson likes Apolo Ohno (who doesn't?) but we did catch him watching the pairs long program intently tonight. I hope your Olympic dreams come true this season! I think it's time for those last cookies...

No comments:

Post a Comment