By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
Proverbs 24:3-4

2.25.2010

Good Mommy, Bad Bathroom

Let's just say that this week has oscillated between success and failure. Here's a little look at what's transpired so far:


Monday- began quite successfully with power-grocery shopping, dog walking and overall alertness (that's saying a lot for me on a Monday). I planned out my time well enough to be home when Chris took his lunch break, only to realize that Emerson had been locked in the guest bathroom for probably close to an hour. [If the door is not tightly shut, he head-butts it open, makes his way inside- searching for a lifted toilet lid or a heavenly pile of trash to eat out of the trash can- and then unknowingly re-butts the door, locking himself in. He doesn't bark, cry, scratch or sniff under the door. He just stands there in the dark until we finally find him. It's ridiculous.] Anyway, I won the award for worst mommy-of-the-day but housekeeper extraordinaire. *sigh.


Tuesday- lived through the toughest kickboxing class of February, finally conquered my fear of the post office lines and mailed off some packages, more shopping errands and cleaned the whole house. When I dropped off dinner for my patrons, they informed me that I'd delivered them uncooked chicken the night before. I couldn't believe it. Still can't. And that's all I have to say about that day...


Wednesday- rain clouds, as usual when I  babysit for my patrons' 10 month-old granddaughter. Was in a bit of a rush after babysitting- had to get dinner to the patrons, and of course it had to be cooked this time. Feeling nervous and a bit frazzled, I tried to leave my house without car keys, but once I reattached my head, all was fine. Later that night, Chris cleaned up the DVR of Olympics events but, starting to feel potentially under-the-weather, I squirted some Zicam up my nose and retired early. 


Today- woke up still feeling a little off; decided to skip kickboxing. Had a quiet morning to do laundry, drink my coffee and double-check my cooking plans for the remainder of the week. I opened an email from the Mother patron, declaring that last night's dinner was the best dinner they'd had, to date. "Award winning," "delicious." Thank God! I finished up the patrons' grocery shopping and rather successfully slipped past the Green Peace folks who form a mob outside the store (it's not that I don't care, I just don't like to be put on the spot!!). I thought things were going well until I realized that the grocer had not charged me for one pack of chicken and as much as I didn't want to have to face Green Peace again, I knew I couldn't live with myself if I didn't go back in. G.P. let me go easily due to my honesty with the store. *whew. At present, I'm feeling much healthier than 24 hours ago.


Tomorrow- I'm thinking of redeeming myself as a doggy-mommy by driving Emerson 45 miles to see a veterinarian who allegedly specializes in Olde English Bulldogges, and who, hopefully, also specializes in affordable treatment of OEBulldog rashes. It's all first-come-first-served. I hear people wait an hour or two. Blah. Finding a suitable cure would be a considerable weight lifted though. If they were to serve free samples while you wait (a la Costco) it would make my day... 


Doing a larger-scale dinner for the patrons on Saturday as they have their family over for a birthday party. Hoping that everything goes well & looking forward to crashing after that! Here's to a smooth first week of March! 

1 comment:

  1. As usual you have put a smile on my face! Even though you had some trials and the threat of illness you have managed to keep it all in perspective and I could sense the various eye-rolls, smiles, sighs and laughter in your lines. Love this "experiment"! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete