By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
Proverbs 24:3-4

3.10.2010

Spring Showers

If today is any indication of all that's transpired over the last 2 weeks, let me paint a picture of it for you. The sun shines, briefly but warmly, between thick gray clouds, which are moved by rapid bursts of cold wind. The trees sway and then stand firm before being swayed again. I sit at the computer, bundled in a hooded sweatshirt (hood on), finding quiet reprieve in a mid-week day. Rest is essential for today.


Last week we drove ourselves through heavy lists of "to do's," including apartment hunting, birthday party hosting (for friends) and going-away engineering (for friends making a fast & furious move out-of-state). Two days ago Chris & I stood stooped over our kitchen counter, examining the benefits and downfalls of various apartment floorplans, feeling the pressure to choose one before losing out on the best deal. It's hard to stick to one's convictions of "most money saved" when the sparkle of a large, open-floor plan becomes rather blinding. In any event, with house guests at our door and an hour to spare before the closing of "business hours," we made a choice for our next living space and are expecting to move in a month! (I've secretly been dreaming about paint colors for accent walls and ignoring my fate of boxes & tape.) 


In addition to finding a great new abode, here some more highs of the last 2 weeks (despite the jam-packed schedules, clouds and pressures):
*We found amazing treatment options for Emerson's allergies & subsequent rash from the vet specialist 45 miles away. Quite the drive & wait time, but I am tremendously relieved to have viable solutions. 


*My new oven-proof bowls were the perfect serving option for homemade chicken pot pies over the weekend. Gratitude and pride bubbled inside me like the delicious gravy under the crust. Recipe: Barefoot Contessa. I boiled a whole chicken instead of roasting breasts (it gave me stock + chicken) and I used store-bought pie crust. So beautiful! 


*Chris was "friended" on FB by a worship leader at church and feels confident that he will play drums again soon! Yay!


*We continue to enjoy making plans to have people stay at our house. Total body count from this week until we move:  8 (possibly up to 13). The Hoover B&B is open for business! 


*I feel deeply blessed with options for work- remembered, honored; God has big plans for our family. 

3 comments:

  1. Can Kirsten and I reserve a weekend at the Hoover B&B sometime this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up Hoovers! Man, I could go for one of those pot pies. Just be glad it's not snowing out there like it is over here in CO. Congrats on the new place!

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete